Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Menu Monday: Week of 3/7/2011

We are celebrating spring break so this is a little late... sorry.

Monday
  • Breakfast: Pancakes
We broke the menu "rules" so we could try this recipe my mom just posted.
Always a favorite and definitely a staple at our house.

Tuesday
  • Breakfast: Cold Cereal
... it was day 2 of spring break... I kind of just dropped the ball.
So, we were supposed to have steak bites a couple weeks ago, but for some reason never did. They got transported to this week's menu with the addition of chipa. Little word of warning... the chipa is so delicious it will ruin your appetite. So, maybe use a little moderation. Or at least make sure it finishes the exact time the rest of your dinner does or you'll end up with a full plate of delicious food and not an ounce of room for it in your belly. (But you'll still be happy)

Wednesday
  • Breakfast: Hash/Breakfast Potatoes
We have leftover baked potatoes from dinner tonight (Tuesday) and so I will cube them up and fry them in a skillet with some crisp bacon pieces, onion, and then finish it off with eggs. If you are unfamiliar with hash, look at this recipe from food network.
I am hosting an appreciation dinner this night and we are serving soup, hence the three different soups. These three are three of our very favorite soup recipes.

Thursday
  • Breakfast: Dutch Baby
We have German pancakes (or puffy pancakes) all the time. In looking at the recipe a dutch baby seems very similar so I am excited to give it a try. I will post the recipe if it is a success.
Poppy Seed Chicken is a regular on our dinner menus at our house. It is so yummy and super easy. You couldn't ask for more.

Friday
  • Breakfast: Blueberry Muffins and bacon (and orange juice)
It's my birthday and I like to have the same thing for breakfast every year. This year is no exception, YUM! Now if I could just narrow it down to a new recipe to try. Here are my top four contenders. 1, 2, 3, and 4. Aagh! Somebody help me.
  • Dinner: No "in the kitchen" dinner plans for me this day.

Saturday
  • Breakfast:
The girl and I are going to be away at Disney on Ice, so husband is most likely going to make fried eggs and sausage for breakfast for the boys. It's their favorite and husband is kind of an expert at it.
  • Dinner:
Husband is on his own again... I'm picking up hot dog fixins for him.

Sunday
  • Breakfast: Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
  • Dinner: This is going to be my birthday dinner day.
Big yummy plans. I will be making our favorite ham (this one), mashed potatoes and gravy, the most delicious spinach salad with poppy seed dressing (I'll try and post this recipe later this week) and then, naturally some dessert. My pregnant belly is currently wrestling with strawberry shortcake (always a birthday favorite) and creme brule... decisions.

No comments: