Monday, February 21, 2011

Baked Oatmeal



This is a recipe I found a couple summers ago on Tasty Kitchen. I'd never had baked oatmeal before, and, being a fan of oatmeal, I really liked it. It is kind of like a combination of granola on top and custard like oatmeal on the bottom. We also love it with yogurt (vanilla is my favorite) or some pie filling spooned in the bottom of the pan.
My only recommendation: Definitely Half This! Even a half recipe makes a ton. (this is based on a 1/4 - 1/2 cup serving size and a 4 breakfast eater family)
  • 6 cups Oatmeal (quick Or Rolled Oats)
  • 2 cups Brown Sugar
  • 2 cups Milk
  • 1 cup Oil
  • 4 whole Eggs, Lightly Beaten
  • 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
  • 2 teaspoons Salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased 9X13-inch baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Serve warm with milk….or not.

No comments: