- Steak (skirt steak, flank steak, whatever. Brandon went to the store and actually picked up "carne asada" sliced steak)
- Mojo sauce (recipe below)
- onions, small dice
- cilantro, chopped
- lime wedges
- queso fresco
- corn tortillas
Marinate the steak in the mojo sauce for 1 - 8 hours (don't go longer than 8 hours or your meat will get mushy) Preheat your grill (or grill pan). Pull your steak out of the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Grill to the desired doneness and then pull of grill and let the meat rest for a couple minutes before slicing.
Prepare your taco according to your tastes and devour.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Mash together the garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, and pepper to make a paste. (I did this in my food processor) Add the lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, and oil. Use as marinade.