Thursday, September 4, 2008

Chocolate Chip Pancakes


Holy Cow! Okay, so this morning the idea of chocolate chip pancakes popped into my head. So naturally I went here to look up a recipe and stumbled on this one. So glad I did. These were superb! The texture is incredible (must be all the baking powder). They would also be great as blueberry pancakes (my man's fave).

As a side note, because the texture of these are so delicate, I recommend making smaller pancakes. Don't go for the monster size or you won't be able to flip them and keep them intact. Another plus to this recipe, split in half it makes the perfect amount for 1 mommy and 2 littles with minimal throw away. (I hear it freezes well.)


Serves 6


INGREDIENTS:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup miniature chocolate
chips

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine eggs, milk and oil; add to dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Keep warm.

We served with both strawberry syrup and maple syrup. Whatever tickles your fancy.

1 comment:

Kerianna said...

It freezes awesomely and I actually made a pan size one tonight. It was more of an experiment than anything else, but it worked out. Anyway, my roommate and I love these pancakes. They are especially yummy with buttermilk syrup.