Monday, October 1, 2007

"Morning Delight"

This is a recipe I tried Sunday morning. I got it from my killer "Best Ever Casseroles" cookbook. I thought it was pretty good and definitely simple. It made way too much for our little family so I think next time I will half the recipe. I also think that next time I might add a layer of apple pie filling, I think it might be yummy. Cooper, my little boy, gobbled this up, and my daughter Kami said "Mmm, you make really yummy breakfasts mommy."

2 containers crescent roll dough
2 8oz pkgs cream cheese
1 egg
1 cup sugar
cinnamon sugar to taste

Open one container of crescent rolls dough and press it into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan, be sure to press the seams so they are sealed. Cream together cream cheese, egg, and sugar. Spread mixture over crescent rolls and top with remaining tube of crescent roll dough. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top. Bake in a 350* oven for 20-25 minutes.
This kind of has a cheesecake like taste. It might also be fun to experiment with this recipe on an "individual serving" basis: Open up the crescent rolls, spread each individual roll with cream cheese mixture, maybe top with an apple slice or two and roll it up (much like you would pigs in a blanket) then top with cinnamon sugar or a butter and sugar caramel glaze and then bake....possibilities.
Enjoy.

No comments: