Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Shortcut Salads

Come lunch time on Thursdays, my husband is always away at a meeting out of town. This saves me from getting to make him lunch that day. Which means, Thursdays are salad lunches at our house (I love salads, my husband, would rather go hungry) All of the following "recipes" are quick salads that I have found are so yummy and fulfill my salad craving without having to make a ton! (These are all geared toward 1 serving)

Take 1-1/2 cups torn salad greens and mix & match your recipe from these options....

Cranberry Chicken Salad:
2/3 cup diced cooked chicken breasts
2 Tbs dried cranberries
1 Tbs bacon bits

Sweet Honey Catalina Salad Dressing

A nice slice of french bread

Turkey Waldorf Salad
4 slices, deli sliced oven roasted turkey, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
1/3 cup chopped apples
1/4 cup nuts (I prefer pecans, Kraft Foods suggests honey roasted peanuts)
2 Tbs raisins (I like craisins better)
Creamy Poppyseed Dressing
Triscuts on the side


Fruit and Cheese Salad
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup drained pineapple chunks
1/4 cup drained mandarin orange segments
Raspberry Vinaigrette
Ritz crackers

No comments: