Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Fettuccine Alfredo

This is another Kraft Food recipe (surprise! Do you notice a trend...) I have never tried it, however, it sounds exactly like my alfredo that I make, and this recipe was all typed up for me and came with a convenient picture. By the way, don't ommit the nutmeg! It is SOOO yummy!

4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) Cream Cheese, cubed
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
(I like shredded better because it melts a lot creamier, it is more expensive, however)
3/4 cup milk (If you want to be overly indulgent, try 1/2 cup cream, 1/4 cup milk...)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
1/4 tsp. white pepper
(I always use black...taboo I know.)
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
8 oz. fettuccine, cooked, drained
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg

MIX cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, milk, butter, white pepper and garlic powder in medium saucepan; cook on low heat until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended.
TOSS with hot fettucine. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
For those who can't go without meat, some grilled chicken would be yummy on this. I know it sounds off, but I usually like to sprinkle my chicken with lemon pepper, stick it on the Foreman and than slice it and toss into my fettuccine. (Of course, adding broccoli is so yummy as well.)

No comments: