Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

I know, sounds wierd.  I had some cottage cheese I needed to use up and had heard about cottage cheese pancakes.  So I did a quick search for a recipe and modified it a bit.  My kids LOVED them.  Husband even ate one and said it was good, but wouldn't eat another one after I told him there was cottage cheese in them (see, it's all in his head! ;)  It's a good way to get some more protein into your kids breakfast for sure!


Cottage Cheese Pancakes

*makes about 6 large pancakes

1 cup cottage cheese
3 eggs
2 TBS oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup flour

Mix together and cook on skillet. (these are pretty thick and take a little longer to cook on each side)

*you could also substitute oil for applesauce and the 1/3 cup flour for 1/4 cup whole wheat flour.  Since I was trying them for the first time I decided to play it safe (and make sure my kids would eat them), but I'm definitely going to try the healthy alternatives next time.

1 comment:

Alexander said...

Nice posting for cheese and easy make tips share . good job
Online Shopping