Friday, March 18, 2011

Frito Salad

I went to link to this recipe in my menu post this week only to find out it had never been posted on the blog. How do things like this happen. This is one of our all time favorite side salad/summer salad recipes. I first had it at a family reunion where my Aunt Jana made it (she always has such delicious recipes) and so I credit this recipe to her.

1 can black beans

1 can small red beans

1 can kidney beans

4-5 green onions

4-6 tomatoes

bottled Catalina dressing

Grated cheddar cheese

Frito Corn Chips (small)


Chop green onions and tomatoes. Rinse and drain the beans. Place the vegetables and the beans in a bowl and pour the dressing over them till quite saucy. Let marinate for awhile. When you are ready to serve (meaning AFTER the prayer has been said) add the fritos and cheddar cheese. We actually usually just serve the fritos and cheese on the side
.

No comments: