We tried these egg rolls last night. We liked them so well we had them again tonight with stirfry. They are way easy and quick.
12 egg roll wraps
1/2 - 1 lb ground pork (or chicken or beef) we used chicken
2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 (16 ounce) bags shredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix (not quite the whole bag)
(I just shredded 2 carrots and 1/2 head cabbage, cheaper and fast)
4 green onions, sliced
1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water
oil (for frying)
1. Brown pork with ginger and garlic in pan, drain any grease
2. Mix salt, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Add to meat and mix well
3. In large bowl combine cabbage mix and onions.
4. Pour hot meat over vegetables and stir well. Let cool slightly
5. Lay wrap in front of you so that it looks like a diamond.
6. Place 3 tablespoons filling in center of egg roll wrapper.
7. Fold bottom point up over filling and roll once.
8. Fold in right and left points.
9. Brush beaten egg on top point.
10. finish rolling.
11. Set aside and repeat with remaining filling.
12. Heat 2-3 inches oil in large frying pan to very hot (350*)
13. Fry a few egg rolls in pan at a time, 2-3 minutes per side.
14. Drain on paper towels.
We just fried them in our deep fryer and weighted them down with a hand potato masher, then we didn't have to turn them.