I got this recipe off of Jeanette Lynton's blog this morning. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds so yummy, it has to be good. Can't wait to try it out!
7 ½ tablespoons butter
5 tablespoons chopped garlic
3 ¾ tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 ¼ cup chicken broth
2 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
1 ¼ cup milk
2 ½ tablespoons dijon mustard
5 tsp. fresh rosemary
1 ¼ tsp. salt
1 ¼ tsp. fresh thyme
¾ tsp cayenne pepper
2 ½ cup parmesan cheese
2 cooked breast cut in bite size pieces
6 slices of bacon cooked cut in 1” pieces
17.5 oz. of dried penne pasta, cooked as directed on package
1. Melt butter and sweat garlic (don’t brown).
2. Dissolve cornstarch in small amount of chicken broth.
3. Add all sauce ingredients EXCEPT FOR CHEESE, stir with a whisk; and simmer about 10 minutes until thickened.
4. Stir in 2 ½ cup parmesan cheese,set aside.
5. Layer cooked pasta with chicken and bacon in casserole dish.
6. Spoon sauce over top.
7. Top with additional 1/4 c.parmesan cheese mixed with paprika (to add color).
8. Cook at 475 ̊F for around 10-15 minutes until bubbly.