Monday, June 2, 2008

Summer Shout Out! (and Ranch Burger Recipe)

Okay fellow piggies, here is the deal, Thursday (yes I know it is short notice) my relief society is having a recipe exchange at my house. All are free to come (although I am sure that since only I and one other little piggy, who will be new "baby-ing", live here, none of you will show. No matter.)
So, here's the deal, the recipe exchange "theme" is Favorite Fourth of July Fare, food fare, that is. I would like all of you to take the challenge and list out your faves here. (Meaning post the recipe sillies) I will do the same. So as that this wouldn't be a boring post with no fun food I am posting a little ditty we had last night. Yummy. I believe the homemade hamburger buns are definitely turning me into a burger girl. SHOCK!

Ranch Burgers: Super simple stuffed to the gills with flavor!

2 lbs ground beef
1 (1 oz) envelope ranch dressing mix
1 envelope onion soup mix

Mix all ingredients together. Form patties and grill. Then you eat them.

The original recipe was a little different, click here if you want the original. I followed the suggestions in some of the comments. Also, I only used about 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef, I didn't want to open a second package...


For a fast battered french fries follow this link. They were a little blad so I'm going to come up with a fun seasoning combination, but for now you can experiment as well. Really great crunch!

No comments: