Monday, December 3, 2007

Pizza Dough

This pizza dough recipe is really simple and a staple in my family. My mom probably makes pizza's once a month. This is a really great recipe if you are having a crowd over. The recipe makes a pizza big enough to fill a cookie sheet. AND they can be made ahead of time and frozen or refrigerated. If you freeze them, add about 10 minutes onto baking time.

1 TBSP yeast
1 cup warm water
1 TBSP oil
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour

Put yeast in water and let sit for 5 minutes. Add to everything else. Mix well.Set bowl with lid in warm water for 5 minutes. Roll out with a rolling pin to stretch. Add desired toppings and bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes.

I used this recipe to make a BBQ chicken pizza. To make the BBQ chicken toppings, I put 4-5 chicken breasts in the slow cooker overnight with a small bottle of regular BBQ sauce. In the morning I shredded the chicken and put in for about another hour, just to make sure the chicken was totally saturated with the sauce. Instead of using pizza sauce when I put it on the pizza, I used a little more BBQ sauce, then the chicken then cheese on top.

No comments: