Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Knock you Naked Brownies

So my dear friend Mandi has made these for us on a number of occasions.....everytime she tells me what they are called I just start laughing all over again, but they really are incredible so give them a try!

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 packages German chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 package (about 40) caramels
1 cup chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate, but it is good with semi-sweet as well)
Optional--nuts

DIRECTIONS: Mix the cake mix, evaporated milk, and melted butter in a large bowl. Place half of the mixture in a greased 9 x 13 pan. Set second half aside. Bake for 8minutes at 350 degrees. Melt 40 caramels and the second 1/2 cup of evaporated milk. I usually put them in the microwave for about 1 minute at a time, then stir and repeat. It should be a smooth caramel sauce in the end. Pour the caramel mixture over the baked brownies. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Put in the refrigerator for 1HOUR to cool. Flatten out the second half of the brownie mixture (the uncooked part) and lay on top of the baked brownie/caramels/chocolate chips. Bake 28 minutes at 350 degrees. IMPORTANT!!!!! These do not taste nearly as good when they are hot. So, if you want to truly enjoy them, allow them to cool COMPLETELY. I suggest making them several hours in advance, if not the day before.

1 comment:

kEllY said...

I love this name for these brownies! My mother always made them and called them turtle brownies but I could eat the whole pan and not fit into any clothes - hence my favorite new name "knock you naked"!