Friday, October 19, 2007

Coconut Pumpkin Bread

I went searching for this recipe because I love the flavors of coconut and pumpkin in a bread. I had had it in a different recipe, but for some reason, I could never get the recipe to cooperate with me. (My bread was always gooey no matter how long it baked) This one was really simple; my 3 year old daughter actually made the majority of it. It turned out remarkably well. Very yummy and no problems with "gooeyness"

1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 (3.5 oz) pkgs instant coconut cream pudding mix
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
5 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

In a large bowl, mix together oil, pumpkin, sugars, pudding mixes, cinnamon, and salt. (I also added about 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice) Slightly beat the eggs and mix into the batter. Mix in flour and baking soda until just combined. Stir in nuts, if you want them. Spread batter into 2 greased and floured 9x5 loaf pans

Bake at 325 for 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean

- I baked mine in mini loaf pans. I didn't time them but it probably took about 30 minutes.

No comments: