Saturday, August 18, 2007

Dixie's Sky High Biscuits

I am posting this recipe for my mom. It is a direct quote from her cookbook:

I have tried a lot of biscuit recipes over the years. This is my favorite though. I always make either these or the buttermilk biscuits that follow.

3 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
4 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¾ cup butter
¾ teaspoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk

Combine flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture is coarse and crumbly. Add egg and milk, stirring quickly until just mixed. On lightly floured board, knead briefly. Roll to about one inch thickness. Cut the dough with a round biscuit cutter. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400* for 12 to 15 minutes.

No comments: