Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Chicken Curry

Chicken Curry is one of my husband's favorite meals.  He served an LDS mission in the Philippines and this is one of the few Filipino dishes he enjoyed (have I mentioned he's a picky eater?).  I really had never tried very many curry dishes before we were married, and I have to be honest....the first time he made chicken curry for me (using a powdered curry seasoning), I was not a fan!  I figured I just wasn't a curry eater.  However, a few years ago a friend recommended Golden Curry seasoning and we gave it a try.  It not only makes it a breeze to make chicken curry, but it's GOOD!  I don't know what the big difference is, but ever since he started using the Golden Curry bricks, I've decided that chicken curry is one of my favorites too.

Disclaimer on this recipe:  I don't have actual measurements.  We just kind of go with it!

Here's what you will need:

Golden Curry packet, 3-4 chicken breasts cubed, 1/2 onion (Greg chops his really big...I think this is the ONLY dish he will put onions in because he likes the flavor but still picks them out while eating it), soy sauce, 2 large peeled and diced potatoes, and diced carrots (I was lazy today and used a couple handfuls of baby carrots). 

This is what the Golden Curry packet looks like.  We buy it at Walmart.  It has about 5 little sections in it and we only use about one and a half sections per meal.

Directions:
1.  saute chicken and onion in a little oil.
2.  when chicken is is close to being done, pour enough soy sauce over to lightly cover chicken (probably about 1/4 cup)
3.  add vegetables and enough water to barely cover vegetables.  Cover and let everything boil on med/hi heat until potatoes and carrots are tender
4.  When veggies are tender, add 1-2 bricks of golden curry (depending on how much curry flavor you want).  Stir in seasoning until it dissolves.

*if you added too much water earlier and need to thicken it up, add a water/cornstarch mixture to thicken.  We like our sauce a little thin.


And there you have it!

3 comments:

Brandon and Brittany said...

Yay, yay, yay! thanks for posting this. (and channeling your inner pioneer woman with all the pictures)Can't wait to try it.

Anonymous said...

Tegel Outlet
delicious Thanks for sharing This recipe

Anonymous said...

awesome post

Property dealer in Delhi