This was one of my favorite dishes at the restaurant Ottavios. I've searched for a long time to come up with my own version of it (especially since Ottavios went out of business) This one does not taste exactly the same, but it does taste awesome and it is really easy and quick to prepare!
1. Take your chicken breasts and pound them between two sheets of wax paper until they are about 1/2 inch thick. This helps the chicken cook more evenly/quickly and also somewhat tenderizes them.
2. Mix about one cup of flour with salt & pepper (I use about 1 teaspoon of each). Dredge Chicken in flour mixture.
3. Heat up your pan with about 2-3 T of canola oil.
4 Add chicken and quickly brown on both sides (about two minutes each)
5. Add 1.5 cup of Marsala wine (this is assuming you are using four chicken breasts in your pan), and one package of mushrooms that have been washed and sliced.
6. The alcohol should all burn off in a couple of minutes and the sauce begin to reduce. Continue to cook your chicken on medium until cooked through. If the sauce begins to reduce to much, you can add some chicken stock in to keep it a nice consistency.
7. Serve the chicken with the mushrooms & Marsala sauce. I feel this pairs nicely with rice or pasta.