Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sloppy Joes


I make a mean sloppy joe. I don't make them often...not exactly sure why... I guess sloppy joes just aren't my type of food?? Regardless, these are delicious! My husband sure loves them. Not your school lunch, manwich sloppy joe. My family found this recipe 10+ years ago in a Pillsbury "cookbook", we have never looked back. Yum!


1 lb hamburger
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup ketchup
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 Tbs brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 Tbs vinegar
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce

In a large skillet, combine ground beef, bell pepper and onion. Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain well. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover; simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Makes enough for 6-8 people.

No comments: