Monday, August 11, 2008

Jodi's Cottage Cheese Pancakes

Okay. these are not Aunt Jodee's. I actually don't know this Jodi, but these are delicious. My husband thinks they sound awful, but they aren't. They are very similar to crepes. My kids absolutely LOVE them. They (my kids) are usually only 1/2 a pancake kids. When I make these, they are 4-5 pancake kids. I originally thought I would have to half this the next time I made it. Nope, they disappeared! Our favorite way to eat them is with butter and powdered sugar. (Just like crepes) I swiped this recipe from here.

1 cup cottage cheese (large curd)
4 eggs
1/2 cup flour
6 Tbsp melted butter

Whip cottage cheese, eggs, flour and melted butter in a blender. This should be a thick batter. Test a small amount of batter on grill. Add a small amount of flour if it needs thickening. Make the pancakes about four inches in diameter.

Cook pancakes until golden, then flip and cook for an additional minute. Do not overcook. These pancakes are moist and should spring back to the touch.

Enjoy with your favorite syrup, butter and powdered sugar!

No comments: