Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sweet and Sour Chicken

I'm a cub scout leader right now and this month we are celebrating Chinese New Year, so I thought I would post a really easy sweet and sour chicken recipe that is super easy to make with kids and is also really good!

chicken pieces
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oil

Mix cornstarch and flour together. Dip chicken pieces into eggs and then into flour mixture to cover. Fry in oil in frying pan until cooked all the way through.

Sauce:
1 1/2 cup sugar
8 Tbs. ketchup
1 cup vinegar
2 Tbs. soy sauce
1 tsp. garlic

Mix all of the sauce ingredients together. Dump cooked chicken into an 8x10 baking dish and pour sauce over the top. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve with rice.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I have also added pineapple tidbits to the sauce before and it's good too!!!

If you really wanted to be creative I'm sure you could add green onions or green peppers or whatever, but my husband would die if I "ruined" it with these things!