Friday, November 30, 2007

Cafe Rio Salad

For all of you who love their salads but don't want to pay 9 buck for one here is the yummiest recipe. The main thing that makes it great is the dressing. I did tweak mine a little.
Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime Dressing
2 cup mayo
2 cup sour cream
10 spring of cilantro
1 package of ranch dressing
4 T salsa Verde (green salsa)
2 cloves of garlic
1/8 t Tabasco sauce
juice of one lime....
(that was the true recipe. this is what I did)

1 cup mayo
1 cup sour cream
cilantro to taste. I started by adding about 1/3 of a bunch.
1/2 package of ranch dressing
1 clove of garlic
no Tabasco sauce (I didn't have any)
juice of one lime
4-7 T of salsa Verde... I lost count.
So the cilantro and the salsa Verde I just kept adding until it tasted right to me.

Then for the salad-
I took a flour tortilla, place black bean, chicken( or any other meat you want),and cheese on it. Placed it in the microwave until the chicken was heated...(if you are using warm chick and beans, only heat it until the cheese is melting) Then I torn up some romaine lettuce and topped it with the dressing! It was so so yummy! Try eating it with the tortilla, that is really yummy too.

1 comment:

Brandon and Brittany said...

Lyssy, Sounds SO yummy! Now of course I am craving this, and we don't have a cafe rio nearby...so it looks like I will have to make it, RIGHT NOW!