|1||cup seasoned bread crumbs|
|3||tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese|
|2||tablespoons minced fresh parsley|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|2||lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut into 1/4 inch slices (1-1/2" thick)|
|oil (for frying)|
|4||medium ripe tomatoes, sliced (we didn't have tomatoes we substituted tomato sauce as another recipe suggested, still very yummy)|
|8||ounces sliced mozzarella cheese|
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and milk.
- In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Dip steak in egg mixture, then coat with the crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/2" of oil.
- Brown steak over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (keep in mind that the longer it is cooked, the tougher it gets).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Top beef with tomato, then cheese slices.
- Broil 4" from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with lemon wedges.