Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Cheddar Fondue

Okay, so Brittany has been giving me a hard time that I haven't posted for a while. My computer at home is broken. I decided to post this one. We love this to dip french bread into. It is a great snack that is easy.


¼ cup butter
¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups milk
½ teaspoon salt
8 oz. Cheddar cheese, grated
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon mustard

Melt butter in a saucepan; whisk in flour, salt, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Gradually add milk; boil for 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring often. Reduce heat; add cheese, stirring until melted. Transfer to fondue pot or slow cooker; keep warm. Makes 2 ½ cups.

1 comment:

Brandon and Brittany said...

I love this!! So yummy. I probably sit at the crockpot and eat a whole loaf of french bread myself. apples are good to dip in this as well. As long as you get nice crisp and sour vs. sweet apples.